„24h MTB” race regulations – 2019
6h competition is a MTB race with a time control of 6h, held during official 24h MTB race with 24h time control.
The mission of the race is:
- To develop the MTB racing traditions in Latvia.
- To diversify the concept and comprehension about the MTB marathon competitions.
- To identify the strongest and the toughest Participants.
- To promote interesting and healthy leisure time activities and popularize MTB sport as an accessible and active leisure time activity.
- To bring cycling enthusiasts in one united event.
2. Start time and place
The competition takes place on August 17th, 2019.
Venue: Cēsu Olimpiskais centrs – biatlona trase [map]
3. Distances and start times
The track is made in marked lap of ~9 kilometers in length.
The competition starts at 12:00 on the 17th of August 2019, and finishes at 19:00 on the 17th of August 2019.
4. Groups (classes)
The participation in the Race can be individual (Solo).
- Solo class – one Participant;
The mission of Teams is to go as many laps during the control time (6 hours) as possible.
5. The course of the race
- The Race starts at 12:00 on 17th August, 2019 at the same time for both classes.
- The mission of Participants is to go maximum number of laps during the control time.
- The finish of the competition is at 19:00 on 17th of August, 2019. The lap that is finished after this time is not counted in the total amount.
- For the finish (and whole race!) to be valid, the Participant of the Team has to enter the finish area during the 17:00 to 19:00. If it is not done, it is considered that the finish of the race has not been reached.
- a) If the Participant of the Team finishes his lap at 17:00:00 or later, but does not finish the next lap until 19:00 (or does not continue with next lap), then in the results of the Team the last lap is the one that is finished at 17:00:00. In this case, the finish has been reached. The Teams are allowed to decide whether to continue cycling after 17:00 or not. The Participant is allowed to stop before finish line so he/she enters the finish area at 17:00 or later.
- b) If the Participant cross finish line at 16:59:59, the Team must do at least one more lap until 19:00:00 for the finish to be officially valid.
Start is open until 18:00. The Participants should enter a lap before this time. After that time they are not let in the track.
6. Participation fees
To register you need to fill registration form on http://velo24.lv/. Participants from other countries can pay fee on the race day.
Participation fees (in EUR) per Team:
|Grupa||Registration till 24.06.2019||Registration till 31.07.2019||Registration till 14.08.2019|
|Solo klase||25 EUR||30 EUR||35 EUR|
Participation fee includes:
- Marked track;
- Number plates for every rider;
- Time measurement, results summary;
- Diploma and prize for each participant;
- Cups, champagne and the sponsorship awards for winners;
- Water point in the start area (coffee / tea / water);
- Race civil insurance and other permissions that demands organization of the event;
- First medical assistance at the race start/finish area;
- BIO WC at the race start/finish area and trash bins;
- Event manager and DJ;
- Race photos (velo24.lv);
- Time tracking judges;
- Several meals during the race
Participation fees cancellation is EUR 10. Return of participation fee is possible until 1st August, 2019.
If the Participant does not register to the competition (does not arrives at the race), the transferred participation fee is not refunded.
7. Registration of participants
Participants on the race day should register their presence, and the numbers are assigned to each of them. They should be fixed to each participant’s bicycle’s front and rear in a visible place.
- Registration and number issuing from 9:00 till 10:50 on 17th of August.
- Briefing – at 11:00.
- At the race place everyone can arrive starting at Friday – 16.08.2019. In the afternoon, the camp area will be marked so that everyone who will arrive sooner could set up a camp. Enter camp area with a car will be possible till morning of competition day – 11:00. Everyone can enter and leave camp area one time, without regular routing – inside/out.
!!! Pay attention. When you will be entered a camp area, it will be possible to leave it only at 18.08 after 14:00, when the 24h race will be over. Therefore, all those who need to get out of the camp area sooner, will be able to locate their cars at parking lot near by.
- A central, specially-equipped campfire site will be available at the camp place.
- As usual, will be available Venden drinking water with hot and ice cold water.
- The camp site will be lighted. Electricity will be available at the organizers, only to charge some kind of gadgets.
8. Classing and awards
Racers are judged in a separate competition between men and women.
Prize distribution by classes in the respective competition:
1.– 3. place in Solo class for women
1.– 3. place in Solo class for men
The winner is determined by the laps completed in accordance with the paragraph “The course of the competition” of these regulations. In the case of even number of laps, wins the Participant/ Team that finishes first.
Time is measured to the nearest second. Race results will be published on the website www.velo24.lv
All the Participants are awarded diplomas and prizes.
Participants who got the places mentioned above, will be awarded the sponsor prizes. Detailed information about prizes from sponsors will be published on the website www.velo24.lv
If any of the Classes in the competition contain only one or two Teams, they are also awarded.
9. For the attention of the participants
- Participants of the competition must be at least 18 years old.
- Participation in the competition is official from the moment when the Participant submits a completed application for participation in competition and has paid his participation fee.
- If the participant leaves the track, he must return to the track at the same place it was left.
- Riders on their bikes, riding in race track, must wear a buckled helmet, whether or not they are racing.
- The participant is obliged to provide assistance to the other Participant in case of injury, and report the accident to the organizers by phone +371 26364983 or call direct emergency number 113. Teams that do not follow these rules are disqualified from the race.
- In the case the Participant is not able to finish the lap, the Participant shall notify the judges about it when returning to the start area.
10. Liability of the Participants
All participants are required to read and comply with the regulations of the competition.
Registering on the race day, the Participant with his signature certifies that he is aware of competition regulations.
Registering for the race and going on the track, each member assumes full responsibility for their own health within the distance.
Participant is responsible for:
• The possible collisions, falls and other accidents at the track.
• The things left in start/ changing area
• The state of his own health while participating in the competition. In case of health problems, the participant undertakes to withdraw himself from the race.
The Participants waive from lodging any claims to the organizer or any other persons involved in organizing the event for possible accidents or material damage occurred.
The organizers are not responsible for possible injuries and/or health problems during the race.
Participants must not litter the race area, and should treat the environment with the respect.
During the competition, traffic movement will not be restricted. All Participants, driving on public roads or crossing them, must comply with the road traffic safety rules.
- Participants should strictly follow the specified route. In case of failure to comply with it, the first offence is punished by subtraction 1 laps from team`s final result; second offence – disqualification from the competition.
- Any form of unsportsmanlike deed – disqualification.
- A Participant who starts a race and has a blood alcohol concentration greater than 0.5 promil is disqualified (by latvian law “Ceļu satiksmes likums 28. pants, 1. punkts, 1. apakšpunkts d) daļa”).
The basic principle of the competition is a fair competition. All participants that will be found to be using unfair fight will be disqualified.
13. Mandatory equipment
The minimal mandatory equipment of the Team without which it won’t be admitted to the Competition is:
- Bicycle – 1 piece
- Helmet – 1 piece
- Rear warning light – 1 piece
- First aid kit (sterile dressing material, wound disinfectant solution)
- Bicycle repair accessories, spare parts.
Any Participant who believes that he has been restricted with any kind of action, before crossing the finish line, can submit the protest to the organizers.
The protest must be submitted by the insulted person or the whole Team signed within 30 minutes after the end of the lap, paying 15.00 EUR. If the protest is satisfied, the payment will be returned.
The competition is organized and monitored by BDR „Briedis bedrē brikšķināja”
Ogres novads, Ogre, Skolas iela 15-3, LV-5001
Person in charge: Sanita Bitko
Mobile ph.: +371 26364983
The organizers have the right to change the regulations, posting an informative warning about it on website www.velo24.lv, but no later than 31th July 2019.